Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is TAG?
What is the Teen Advisory Group (TAG)?
The Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is a group of volunteers, grades 7-12, representing Dickinson’s teens. TAG Member attends monthly meetings to discuss issues related to teen use of Dickinson Public Library, such as activities, books, music, and movies. They also assist in our library by volunteering and assisting with programs.
Goals and Expectations
Overall Goals includes:
- Represent the young adults served by Dickinson Public Library.
- Educate young adults about library services and programs at the library.
- Improve and expand Youth Services at the Dickinson Public Library.
- Help decide books, CDs, movies, and magazines circulate at the library.
- Inform peers of library events.
- Network with TAGs throughout the area.
- Major programs will include Teen Read Week, Banned Book Week, Teen Tech Week and Teen Summer Reading Program.
The expectation of TAG Members
There are certain expectations and requirements for members. TAG members must:
- Be enrolled in school.
- Act respectfully toward others.
- Be dependable and accountable for their actions.
- Attend TAG meetings and programs.
- Keep track of all volunteer service hours by signing in and out when volunteering at the library.
- Have an active library card and be in good standing with the library.
Interested in helping out at the library? Want to have a say in our teen selection of books and activities? Consider joining our TAG group at the Dickinson Public Library. Teens interested in helping out at the library can sign up to join our library TAG. TAG application can download and bring to our Youth Librarian.